You can follow the discussion on If statins are so safe, why won’t some researchers let us see their data? without having to leave a comment. Cool, huh? Just enter your email address in the form here below and you’re all set.
Recent Blog Posts
- Walking versus running
- Article reveals unseen cause of bias that risks compromising the evidence-base for statins and other drugs
- Not all men with symptoms of an enlarged prostate have an enlarged prostate. What’s going on?
- How accurate are Professor Collins’ claims about the rates of muscle problems with statins?
- Why the device that counts the number of bites of food we take in a day is unlikely benefit health or weight
- Evidence links higher cholesterol with lower risk of death in older individuals
- Can getting more sun help protect against dementia?
- Brain and Behaviour (191)
- Children's Health (93)
- Cholesterol and Statins (180)
- Daily Mail Archive (35)
- Diabetes/Metabolic Syndrome (130)
- Exercise and Activity (114)
- Food and Medical Politics (405)
- Healthy Eating (627)
- Herbal Medicine (43)
- Low-Carbohydrate (182)
- Men's Health (46)
- Nutrients and Supplements (224)
- Observer Archive (189)
- Podcasts (42)
- Pregnancy and Fertility (24)
- Sleep (55)
- Specific conditions (215)
- Stress (5)
- Sunlight (115)
- Uncategorized (53)
- Unhealthy Eating! (312)
- Weight Loss (296)
- Women's Health (159)
Dr Briffa’s tweets
New post: How accurate are Professor Rory Collins's claims about muscle-related adverse effects of statins? drbriffa.com/2014/08/22/how…
Jerome Burne provides an amusing if slightly depressing analysis of the crown prince of statin therapy - Professor Rory Collins @JeromeJB
British Medical Journal launches fantastic initiative: An opportunity for 'ordinary people' to help set the research agenda @bmj_latest
Study shines light on the fact that sunscreens don't appear to offer real protection against melanoma drbriffa.com/2014/06/13/stu…
Prof Sever invokes 'evidence' in calling for retraction of statin papers. Shame he uses bad science to make his case bmj.com/content/348/bm…
New post: Why won't those calling for retraction of BMJ statin articles actually use some science? drbriffa.com/2014/06/11/clo…
Information and advice contained on this site should not be used for diagnosis or be used as a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or healthcare professional before beginning any new treatment.
Dr John Briffa assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly for any action or inaction you take based on the information, services, or material on or linked to this site.
Any links to external web sites are provided as a courtesy, and should not be construed as an endorsement by Dr John Briffa of the content or views of the linked materials.