Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a chronic (long-term) digestive disorder that gives rise to symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhoea and/or constipation. Although the condition is estimated to affect almost 20 percent of the population, the conventional treatment options for sufferers are very limited. As a result, many individuals can suffer from uncomfortable and debilitating symptoms with little hope of relief.
In this audiobook, Dr John Briffa reveals the common underlying causes of IBS and how to combat them using natural, self-help strategies.
In this broadcast, Dr Briffa covers:
- What IBS is (and what warning signs need to be looked out for)
- The common causes for IBS including food sensitivity and gut organism imbalance
- How certain symptoms that can pinpoint the underling problem
- What tests can be appropriate for getting to the root of the problem
- The self-help strategies are most effective for combating IBS
- The dietary changes and natural supplements that can bring lasting relief from digestive discomfort and bloating