Podcast 1 March 2013
About Dr John Briffa
- Unilever is adding butter to one of its margarines. WTF?!
- New study on earthing finds potential benefits for the circulation
- UK doctors have to treat patients as individuals according to governing body
- How do researchers end up recommending a drug they concede has no benefit?
- Patients less likely to trust and listen to overweight doctors
Recent Blog Posts
- How good is the tool doctors use to predict who should be treated with statins?
- My take on the recent ‘high protein diet as bad a smoking’ study
- Five things I do now that I didn’t do five years ago
- Article highlights the importance of ‘shared decision making’ when statins are being considered
- I complain to NHS Choices website about its stance on carbs. 2 months later and still no response…
- My interview and phone-in on BBC WM
- Does mammography save lives? Not according to the latest study.
- Brain and Behaviour (184)
- Children's Health (92)
- Cholesterol and Statins (157)
- Daily Mail Archive (35)
- Diabetes/Metabolic Syndrome (125)
- Exercise and Activity (110)
- Food and Medical Politics (385)
- Healthy Eating (615)
- Herbal Medicine (43)
- Low-Carbohydrate (180)
- Men's Health (45)
- Nutrients and Supplements (222)
- Observer Archive (189)
- Podcasts (42)
- Pregnancy and Fertility (24)
- Sleep (51)
- Specific conditions (214)
- Stress (5)
- Sunlight (111)
- Uncategorized (51)
- Unhealthy Eating! (308)
- Weight Loss (291)
- Women's Health (158)
Dr Briffa’s tweets
Are you a US citizen and feel you may have been misled over 'healthy eating'? You may want to add your voice here petitions.whitehouse.gov/peti…
New post: How good is the tool doctors use to predict who should be treated with statins? drbriffa.com/2014/03/07/how…
My take on the recent 'high protein diet as bad as smoking' study drbriffa.com/2014/03/06/my-…
Have had response from NHS Choices. Gauge for yourselves if you feel they have responded adequately to my complaint drbriffa.com/2014/02/20/i-c…
New post: It's about time some people were straight with the statistics on statins drbriffa.com/2014/02/14/its…
Information and advice contained on this site should not be used for diagnosis or be used as a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or healthcare professional before beginning any new treatment.
Dr John Briffa assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly for any action or inaction you take based on the information, services, or material on or linked to this site.
Any links to external web sites are provided as a courtesy, and should not be construed as an endorsement by Dr John Briffa of the content or views of the linked materials.