Podcast 1 March 2013
About Dr John Briffa
- New study on earthing finds potential benefits for the circulation
- UK doctors have to treat patients as individuals according to governing body
- How do researchers end up recommending a drug they concede has no benefit?
- Patients less likely to trust and listen to overweight doctors
- Cholesterol-modifying drug that does more harm than good is withdrawn from sale
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Recent Blog Posts
- Study finds thyroid extracts to be a viable treatment for some people with hypothyroidism
- Statin found to largely negate the fitness benefits of exercise
- Two reviews reveal the lack of evidence for HDL-boosting agents
- How does sunlight cause melanomas on the soles of the feet?
- Forbidding foods may cause us to obsess about them, and what to do about it
- Is publishing ‘league tables’ of surgeons’ performance good for patients?
- No evidence for the ‘blood type diet’, but does it work?
- Brain and Behaviour (180)
- Children's Health (91)
- Cholesterol and Statins (127)
- Daily Mail Archive (35)
- Diabetes/Metabolic Syndrome (120)
- Exercise and Activity (103)
- Food and Medical Politics (355)
- Healthy Eating (596)
- Herbal Medicine (43)
- Low-Carbohydrate (175)
- Men's Health (42)
- Nutrients and Supplements (222)
- Observer Archive (189)
- Podcasts (42)
- Pregnancy and Fertility (24)
- Sleep (49)
- Specific conditions (209)
- Stress (5)
- Sunlight (110)
- Uncategorized (50)
- Unhealthy Eating! (292)
- Weight Loss (274)
- Women's Health (154)
Dr Briffa’s tweets
New post: Natural thyroid extract found to be a viable and safe treatment for some people with hypothyroidism drbriffa.com/2013/06/19/stu…
New post: How does sunlight cause malignant melanomas on the soles of the feet? drbriffa.com/2013/06/11/how…
New post: Could this simple strategy stop snoring and help reduce sleep apnoea? drbriffa.com/2013/05/31/cou…
New post: Are kids really being reckless for seeking the sun and shunning suncreens? drbriffa.com/2013/05/30/are…
New post: Why won't drug companies give up their data on flu medications? drbriffa.com/2013/05/23/why…
New post: Avoiding evening eating found to promote weight loss drbriffa.com/2013/05/24/avo…
Information and advice contained on this site should not be used for diagnosis or be used as a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or healthcare professional before beginning any new treatment.
Dr John Briffa assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly for any action or inaction you take based on the information, services, or material on or linked to this site.
Any links to external web sites are provided as a courtesy, and should not be construed as an endorsement by Dr John Briffa of the content or views of the linked materials.